Friday, May 22, 2009

Lemon Pepper Chicken Sandwich

Gotta love this summer Friday. Today I got out of work early, which was pretty sweet. It was nice to get an early start to this holiday weekend. We're not really planning on going anywhere or doing much (save for a possible Terminator: Salvation viewing if the weather turns on us... I refuse to go to the movies when it's nice outside), but I'm a-okay with just chilling out this weekend.

After getting out of work and chowing down on some leftovers for lunch, I was initially looking forward to lounging by the pool (yay! It's finally open!). But the weather seemed to have cooled down slightly since earlier this week, so alternate plans were needed. So I took the opportunity instead to catch up on some housework (yes, I'm THAT exciting) - vacuuming and washing my car. You know, that kind of fun. Or not.

So when dinnertime rolled around and a hungry Gabe found his way home, I wanted something quick, easy, and delicious. Enter in: lemon pepper seasoning. With lemon zest, pepper (um duh, thanks for stating the obvious Rita), garlic, and onion flavorings, this stuff tastes great on a variety of meats and salads with only a few shakes. Thank you Lawry's.
















Best part of this meal was being able to enjoy it outside with Gabe with little fuss, enjoying the nice sunshine, warm weather, chirping birds, and each other's company. Nothing better than that.

Ingredients
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 hamburger buns
Salt
Lemon pepper seasoning
Muenster cheese
Fresh spinach
Tomato, sliced
Mayo and Brown Mustard

Directions
Preheat grill for a few minutes. Meanwhile, place chicken on a large cutting board. Cover with wax paper and pound until chicken reaches uniform thickness (about 1/4 in.). Cover liberally with salt and lemon pepper.

Place chicken on grill (we cooked on a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray to prevent sticking). Cook for approximately 8-12 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Place cheese slices on chicken and heat until completely melted. Place on bun with toppings of choice. Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. The photo of this sandwich is incredible. I want to devour it. It really looks like it was made in a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, this sandwich looks stellar! I love lemon pepper seasoning; it makes everything taste better! What a great way to jazz up chicken. I bet Gabe loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm I bet that was so delicious! It sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sandwich! What's the side I see?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey thanks! the side is couscous with sauteed onions, zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes in a lemon vinaigrette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this idea. I use lemon pepper on my over easy eggs too. It's such a great flavor!

    ReplyDelete