Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sticky Chicken Wings

I used to hate chicken wings. Something about all the time and effort it took to eat those little suckers, plus you'd have to eat like 40 of them to feel satisfied. From my experiences (which were few and far between), they always just seemed kind of bland.

I now realize the problem. I didn't have this recipe. This recipe makes it worth it to get in there and get dirty.




















Now, this really isn't a typical chicken wing recipe. Both Gabe and I are undeniable wimps when it comes to hot and spicy, so we're not the biggest fan of hot wings or anything like that. Instead, this recipe centers on honey instead, resulting in sticky sweet chicken wings that'll have you licking every last one of your little fingers. And using up a ream of paper towel.

Hopefully I will be updating the blog a little more often in the coming week. Life is pretty busy around these parts lately. Not a bad thing in general, but bad on the blogging front. So bear with me if I go MIA again, promise I'll be back. A sticky pinky swear.

Ingredients
4 lbs. chicken wings, thawed
3 Tbs. olive oil
2/3 c. soy sauce
3 Tbs. ketchup
1 1/3 c. honey
2 Tbs. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover a jelly roll pan with tin foil and spray liberally with non-stick spray. Arrange chicken on pan; salt and pepper as desired.

In a medium saucepan, combine olive oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, cornstarch, and garlic powder. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over chicken, using basting brush as needed to ensure all wings are covered.

Bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is done, turning chicken every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving. Turn chicken over a few times as they cool in order to get as much sticky sauce on them as possible.




1 comment:

  1. hhmmm so good, I already eat today but looks great.
    Reminds me on I should cook from time to time but i am so lazy :)

    U also did the Photos for it i guess very good :)

    and welcome to my Blog http://besoulmate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete